Monday, July 25, 2011

One Word Mondays...

A lot of my friends that have Blogs have decided to do something called Wordless Wednesdays. This is when they post a picture & don't say anything & just let people comment on the picture. I'm going to do something similar. One Word Mondays. Every Monday I will post ONE WORD. You can choose to comment on what it means to you, what you think of when you see it, how it makes you feel, etc etc... So without further adieu.. The word for today is....

Equality...

7 comments:

Hayden said...

First!!!

Hayden said...

I think that this word always causes a hotbed of discussion because it means different things to different people. The issue arises when those people with differing opinions start to have a conversation with each other without taking the time to define those difference. They/we end up talking in circles and creating more discourse than progress.

Annamaria said...

I agree. Especially this week which is why I chose this word... I also think that everyone is going to have a different opinion about this word & what it means to them. I think we have to understand that we may just need to agree to disagree & respect each others opinion.

Annamaria said...

I think another issue with this word is that some people don't dive into the full meaning of the word. They believe some groups should have equality but maybe not others.. which is totally not what it's about. Equality is Equality.. for everyone.

Geeque said...

FIGHT THE POWER!!!!
FIST IN THE AIR!!!

Aisha G of HartlynKids said...

New York is setting a great example for this equality thing.

Randy said...

Equality In a relationship to me means WHATS GOOD FOR YOU IS GOOD FOR ME…..It can’t be you can’t do but expect me to do….In other words, can’t get mad if I don’t do….Someone in the relationship tends to lay down the law..But if you are ready to give be ready to receive…..SHOULD BE EQUAL!