Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bert & Ernie may be Gay.....

Last week it came out that a group is trying to push for Bert & Ernie from Sesame Street to have a gay marriage. People were outraged...My coworkers were upset NOT because there would potentially be gay muppets on Sesame Street BUT because it was Bert & Ernie. They stated it was too traumatizing to imagine the muppets that had just been friends & roommates since 1969 were now homosexual and having sex with each other. Someone even suggested that they come up with 2 new muppets that could just join Sesame Street & be gay from the beginning.
Personally the whole thing is a big deal for nothing in my opinion. I think a few of us always thought Bert & Ernie were gay AND I think this helps young children with gay parents identify more with their parents & the relationship they may have with each other. I mean we all know that if anyone will do it properly it will be Sesame Street.
So what do you guys think? Do you care if they are gay?? How accepting are you of the gay culture? How would you feel if people you knew for over 30 years decided to get married under the new gay rights law? Would you support them??

2 comments:

Randy S. said...

I guess i'm going to be the 1st and only person to respond to this....I FEEL IT'S JUST WRONG!

I don't think a parent should TEACH his/her kid about homosexuality...I think if it's something that's going to happen let it happen on it's own.

I've delt w/2 cases in my family where the parents aproached the topic at an early age and now the 2 individuals are bisexuals....Where as those that were never told "WE" all came out okay and lerned about it as the world went on.

I think when parents do such thing they are just trying to be TOO OPEN or just TOO MODERN and at times i feel as if they are just trying TOO HARD to be up to date....And i'm only saying that because i know NO ONE IN THIS BLOG will sit with thier 5 or 10 yr old and let them know it's ok to love love or kiss or hold hands with the same sex. CAN SOMEONE HONESTLY SAY THEY WILL, HAVE OR WILL????

Annamaria said...

HI RANDY!!! LOL

Ummm I think it depends. If my child makes friends with another child in her class and that child has a mother that is a lesbian OR a father that is gay it may be something that you have to discuss with your child. I would have an open discussion with her in which I explain that everyone is different & that is why that child has two mommies or two daddies and that it's ok even though that is not the case with my child. I'm not going to lie to her as if it doesn't exist and I am not going to make her think it's wrong because I want her to be accepting of all people.

I think this is what the gay right activists are trying to get at by suggesting Bert & Ernie get married. They just may be going about it the wrong way.