Friday, July 22, 2011

Don't tell them we.....

I love my friends & family. Everyone that knows me knows that. I talk to my peeps about everything & we have no filters. Now I would assume that when people hear that I am a passion party consultant they would be under the impression that I am a normal married adult with a healthy level of intimacy with my hubby that allows me to do my job to the best of my abilities. It never occurred to me that people didn't think that until my husband brought up the conversation yesterday.. I had to laugh. Although I understand that different people are into different things & some of us are more open minded than others I would think that we would all be comfortable enough for certain discussions not to bother us or make us feel funny. Or maybe my friends & family are just the exception to the rule.

What do you think? Are you & your mate open with each other? Are you and your friends/family open to discussions about anything? Do you filter what you talk about with certain people?

8 comments:

Powerz said...

I'm always up for an open conversation. I do feel there must be a filter depending on your audience. For example, I feel you should not discuss your sex life with your subordinates at work, even if they are friends. My wife seems to a have a very small filter if any at all and at times, I have to muzzle her, outside of the bedroom of course. lol

Annamaria said...

You should have known I had no filter the first time you met my family! :)

And watch out for those subordinates.. They have wild sides to them.. you saw how some of them came to the shower all fancied up ready to do Patron shots.. :)

Geeque said...

Take Control Powerz!!!

You the boss!!! LMAO!!!!

Annamaria said...

I'm sorry I didn't hear that line at the wedding. SHUT UP PBS!

Brooke said...

are you asking if one should discuss the details of their sex life with friends...generally speaking?

Annamaria said...

No the topic stemmed from my second posting about sex toys. Hubby was a lil uncomfy about his co workers reading this & getting info on things we do even though I believe certain aspects of it are obvious considering what I do.

Randy said...

I think it’s always important to have open channels with your partner BUT I think when you know your partner is not as open minded as you are things can take a down turn…Even with Fam….Fam can take how you feel or your OPENINGNESS (is that a word??) as a SIN…as if you are crazy or SICK!!!

Now – my question to everyone here is: DO YOU FEEL YOU CAN BE AS OPEN AS YOU NEED TO BE WITH YOUR PARTNER WHEN IT COMES TO SEX??? DO YOU THINK YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER CAN GET OFFENDED OR SEE YOU DIFFERENT IF YOU OPEN UP TO WHAT YOU LIKE IN BED IF HE/SHE IS NOT THE SAME AS YOU IN BED?

Annamaria said...

@Randy.. as you can see my significant other wants to put a muzzle on me so I guess I have no problems being open and honest! LOL.. And I am comfortable enough with my husband that I don't think he'll see me any differently.