Tuesday, August 30, 2011

OPEN Sesame....

A friend of mine posted this question on her blog & considering how "open-minded" everyone is on her blog I was surprised to see how heated the discussion got. So I'm extremely curious to see how you all react to this topic.

OPEN MARRIAGE....

Some celebs have come out to say that they have open marriages and that they have a respect and understanding towards it and it keeps them happy.
I used to think this was for rich "EXTRA" people who just wanted to be fancy until one of the people that usually comments on her blog stated that him & his wife had an open relationship. In my head I thought WOW regular REAL people do stuff like that. I respected him for admitting that in a public forum because not everyone would and after seeing some of the opinions out there now I know why not everyone would..LOL
I always say to each his own. Some people wouldn't be open to doing things I do the same way I might not be open to doing things other people would do. Personally I couldn't do it. And I know for a fact my husband would probably not be open to the idea of sharing me. But I do want to hear how the rest of you feel...

So would any of you be open to an OPEN relationship/marriage or do you already have one? Are there any rules that you would put in place or have put in place to keep everything in check. Do you have any fears about this arrangement?

6 comments:

Aisha G of HartlynKids said...

No. Why get married? Just don't get married

Brooke said...

That's my thinking - What would be the reason to get married if you're going to share your spouse with someone else? Just stay single.

I know there are advantages to being married - financial mostly - but other than that, what would be the point? Kids?

I wonder how children would view this type of relationship. I know people who say they keep their open relationship from their kids -which suggests to me that they feel something is inherently wrong with it. Maybe they're just waiting til they're old enough to understand, but again - why be married? Why not just co-parent?

I don't get it.

Annamaria said...

Personally I agree. If I or my spouse feel the need to go bone other people then we don't need to be married.
You can have a kid and not be married. Obviously if you are into this lifestyle then you are not "traditional" so you shouldn't have a problem having a child and not being married.
IF I was into this lifestyle as a parent I would hide it from my kids also not because I was ashamed of it but because as parents there are certain things you just don't do in front of your kids & that your kids shouldn't be exposed to. Maybe when they became adults I would talk openly to them & then let them decide what kind of a life they want to lead. BUT that is just my opinion on how I think I would handle that.

Stef said...

The ONLY way I see myself even CONSIDERING this is if we've been married, for 20 years, done it every which way possible, are bored with each other and I'm only staying with him to live a comfortable life and I signed a prenup :) Otherwise, why bother getting married? LOL!

Annamaria said...

HI STEF!!!!! :-)

The only way I see myself considering this is if he signed a prenup with a no cheating clause. I get him drunk one night so that he believes me when I give him permission. He does it and I take pics and use it to take all his money..
BUT THAT'S JUST ME! LMAO

Randy S. said...

Gotta say.....It all depends on the indivudual...Some people like the fact their partners are able to attract someone else...They also love seen their partners in action....it's crazy to me but it all depends on each.