Friday, August 12, 2011

Single People Fuck too...

When I first started writing my blog I wrote from my point of view until someone pointed out that I was excluding a whole group of people... Single people. I kept writing about what you would do with & for your mate but I was excluding the people that may not be in a commited relationship...And guess what??? I had to be reminded that Single People Fuck TOO... OMG.
And guess what they sometimes do it better than us people in relationships. Single people (for the most part) are more spontaneous, ready willing & able and do it more frequently. They are more open to experimentation and even more willing to explore their own bodies.

So here are a few questions for the blog family:

1. If you are single. Do you feel you have a healthy & fulfilling sex life?
2. If you are in a relationship, are their any aspects of your "single sex life" that you'd like to incorporate into your commited sex life?

6 comments:

The Fury said...

First!

I think I have a healthy sex life. Although work has effected my social life recently. The key is making time for the things you enjoy ;-)

Hayden said...

It's funny how your perspective changes. When I was single, i actually felt that marriage and commitment signaled the end of my sex life. And now here we all are forgetting to include single folk in a conversation about sex. Interesting.

Annamaria said...

@ Fury...i figured u would be first today. Your comment the other day on Brooke's blog reminded me that I was excluding people on mine so thanks.
@Hayden it's weird cuz I'm working so hard on being a good wife that I forgot single people existed....

Brooke said...

Yeah, all you married people forget about us single people! LOL!

I actually thought single folks had sex more than married folks do, because all the married couples I know complain about not having sex anymore. They have kids, work, go to PTA meetings, bake cupcakes, try to find sleep when not taking care of the house, and say they have "pencil in" sex with their spouse. In my mind I'm like "where dey do dat at?" But when I think of how busy they are, it makes total sense.

But on the same token, I do have a few single friends who are in a drought because casual sex doesn't appeal to them. Finding sex is easy, but meaningful sex is something else. I guess it's a case of the grass being greener in some instances.

Then there's the grey area - single people (as in not married) who are in relationships and have sex morning noon and night. I'm trying to get to THAT space :)

@Hayden,

I think most men think marriage is the end of their sex life WITH OTHER WOMEN :) LOL! For SOME men, marriage doesn't mean that either - they keep it movin'. Glad you're not one of the ones who feel that way :)

Stef said...

Hi everyone!

I saw Annamaria's blog link on Brooke's site, so thought I'd stop over to see what all the noise was about :) Hi Annamaria!

I haven't read many of your past blogs, but single people DEFINITELY f*ck! LOL! We just probably have more meaningless sex like Brooke mentioned. If not, we're definitely in a drought.

Right now, my sex life is hit or miss. I could be having sex for 6 months straight, and then not again for another 6 months. I find that when I'm single and not in a committed relationship, it could be anything.

Right now, it's just alright. I could use more, but no one really to call my own...so I'll just rock out with my toys until he comes along :)

Nice blog Annamaria!

Annamaria said...

@Brooke.....I said I was sorry.....lmao and I can say I do NOT pencil sex in with my husband...no matter what or how much we have going on....thank god...but we're weird...supposedly....lol

Hiiiiiii Stef....come back.....thanks