Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Awkward Moments...

A few weeks ago there was an article on MSN about awkward moments that married couples had with their significant others that helped them get closer to each other. Here are a few of them:


A friend of mine who's gained some weight since her wedding a few years ago recently got stuck in her Spanx, and her husband literally had to peel them off her. "Slowly, every layer of my body - layers I keep hidden from everyone - was spilling out over the material, and there was nothing we could do but laugh," she says. "But later he told me I really shouldn't wear things I can't get in and out of myself, which I suppose is true!"
Is this gift returnable? Is my husband?The year her husband got her a bike for Christmas, Tara, 31, cried - in front of her in-laws. "I'm a runner. I run every day. It's a huge part of who I am. So when my husband walked in with a bike, I was just overcome with this feeling that he didn't really know me," she explains. "And worse, I worried that he never would. I felt bad for upsetting him, but I had to ask where the idea came from." Turns out Tara's husband had recalled the two of them watching a commercial with a couple riding bikes, and, allegedly, Tara had said, "We should start riding bikes together." Aww. "It was such a great story and showed how much thought he'd put into the gift," says Tara. "But what's funny is that while I do remember seeing the commercial, I don't remember saying that! I didn't use the bike until the next summer, when I did a 45-mile ride with coworkers for charity. It was awesome. But sadly, that was the first and last time it's been ridden."
Mood killersAll married women have had that moment where he busts out a new move in bed and you think, Huh? Really? Now? "My husband recently crisscrossed his legs with mine and got all into it, and I was lying there wondering if I should tell him my foot was asleep or not," says Lauren, 33. "Eventually I gently tapped his shoulder and gave him a sweet but slightly pained 'This isn't working' look. He got the message and quickly switched it up. I'm dying to know where he got that move, but I don't want to embarrass him, so I haven't brought it up - yet."

Or try telling your husband you don't like the way he kisses - after five years together. "I love kissing my husband," says Janelle, 31. "But he has this habit of pushing out his bottom lip, and I wonder where the rest of his mouth went. I used to think it was cute, but now it seriously annoys me." One night in bed, Janelle just blurted it out. "I snapped at him, which I'm not proud of, but I couldn't hold it in anymore! It was harsh, since we both agree kissing is a superimportant element in our sex life," she says.
He looked crushed, then got defensive, then told her he wished she'd said something sooner. "It was very uncomfortable, but it also felt good to admit something so personal, even hurtful, and not have it be the end of the world," she says. "And he realized that I didn't want to stop kissing him; we just needed some new techniques. So far, so good!"

SO Blog family please feel free to share any awkward or embarrassing moments you have had with your mate.

No comments: