Thursday, September 15, 2011

Date Night....

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a VERY big advocate of date night. I do not believe that courtship and dating end at marriage and kids. I feel that mommy & daddy time is greatly needed and helps relationships last. Now normally our daughter has a bedtime and once she is asleep that my time with my husband to talk, watch a movie, have a few drinks, get busy..LOL whatever we want to do. But we are also fortunate enough to have two very good babysitting options for when we want a night OUT. So last night while the baby is away for a few days with my parents we had our "DATE NIGHT"... We had an awesome time going out to a Japanese Restaurant and to a movie. We got to chat over dinner & laugh & just have an evening out to enjoy each others company. I love these nights because they give us both a break from everything & give us a reminder of why we love each other. He is probably reminded about what a goof ball I am & so am I. And although yes sometimes our date nights are fancy I must confess that my favorite date nights are the ones where we just keep it simple as we did last night. Throw some jeans on & go grab a bite to eat and catch a movie.
So blog family...Let us hear your stories??

What is your favorite type of date night????? Or if you have a very memorable date and want to share go ahead....

4 comments:

FoodieMouth said...

I've had pretty amazing dates!
A lot of memorable ones ;-)

But one that's especially special to me was when I was told that I was being scooped up first thing Saturday morning, to pack a weekend bag and to ask no questions…

He rented one of my fav cars (a Mini Cooper…yeah, I know lol - a 6 foot man) and shows up bright and early w/an itinerary in a folder!

Anyway, so we rode upstate to Poughkeepsie, dropped off our stuff at a Bed & Breakfast that he booked, he had my fav movie candies stashed in the glove compartment and pulls up to a Drive-In movie

He remembered me sharing with him that I had never been to a Drive-In movie and that I would love to experience that :-)

And the next day was a scenic walkway trail over the Hudson and the Mid-Hudson Bridge and The Dia: Beacon Museum in Beacon, NY…

The weekend also included great brunches and dinners at places he researched in advance.

Again, I been on some REALLY fly dates - great concerts, exhibits, sporting events, Broadway plays, some super fancy restaurants, etc. but that particular one meant a lot to me and hit a soft spot.

Annamaria said...

THAT IS AN AWESOME DATE!!! :-) I remember you telling me about the drive in movie. :)

Aisha G of HartlynKids said...

We had date night last weekend. It was great. Hubby got us couples massages just because and then we headed to the movies and out to eat. I love date nights, it doesn't always work with parenting but when we can get it in - it is great!

Anonymous said...

We have to deal with so much day to day stress that I think Date Night and time away as a couple is extremely important. My idea of a date night is time away from everyone maybe a nice dinner, a simple walk on the beach with some wine and a small snack. Just cuddle, etc...etc.....